Get all the advice and insight for a fraction of the cost.
Ivan Yardley specialises in strategic marketing services either as a Non Executive Director or through consultancy programs.
Get in touch today to see how he can help grow your business.
Dr. Ivan Yardley TD, DMS, MCGI, MBA, MA, PhD
Tel: 0121 352 1226 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivan Yardley is a Marketing Director with strong general management and business development skills. He has an impressive client base that has grown through recommendation and continuous success and works upstream of the traditional consultancy approach.
Ivan has constantly been at the forefront of innovation and creative thinking, with an MBA, MA in Strategic Marketing and a PhD from Cranfield focused in leadership and management. He has presented at the Judge Institute in Cambridge, written work and presented at the international leadership conference and is a visiting lecturer at the UK’s National Defence Academy.
A published author of various papers and his book “From Battlefield to Boardroom - Making the difference through values based leadership” which brings his research to the wider business community.
In his spare time Ivan is also a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Territorial Army.
He is married and a father of three; he brings a unique blend of creative and innovation thinking, balanced with over 25 years of practical experience to the benefit of his clients.
2002 - date
ZULU Creative Limited
Managing Director – Consultancy
- Produced the marketing and communications strategy for a new £24m asset finance company, which won the best new regional business award in the Midlands
- Developed and implemented and launched a new brand for an established city stockbrokers, sold within one year to VC.
- Provided consultancy support to a national insurance based utility Plc brand that provided domestic and plumbing support to households, managing over 58 million variable data impressions per year, responsible for driving new insurance registrations and delivering a national brand to the market / building brand recognition and value to the stock market.
- Working with a national provider of skill based training, to reposition the brand and implement new methods of working, providing cost reduction and transparent ROI.
- Negotiated contracts with diverse customer base including major banks, engineering companies and OEMS to provide outsourced marketing services.
- Reviewed operations and supply chain for compressor company, transferring manufacture overseas and reducing supplier risk exposure whilst safeguarding brand and service levels.
- Implemented brand communication programme for major Asset Finance group.
- Provided marketing strategy, brand and campaign support for a chain of childcare providers post PE investment. Increased new business enquires by 250% within 6 months, surpassing 1st year investment growth plans.
- Provided a range of consultancy support for Public Sector organisations, specialising in complex, multichannel engagement campaigns
Client Assignments include:
Avis, Birmingham Chamber of Sport, Birmingham City Council, Birmingham Drug & Alcohol Action Team, Birmingham East & North Primary Care Trust, Birmingham Environmental Partnership, Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham Midshires, Birmingham Olympic Taskforce, Birmingham Road Safety Partnership, Be Birmingham, Ernst & Young, European Athletics Association, Halifax, Harris Allday, HBOS, Headline Communications, Homeserve, ING, Inside The Games, James Cropper PLC, Labour Party, Liquidity, Marketing Birmingham, McCann Erickson, NFU (National Farmers Union), NHS, Oyez Straker , Pertemps, Safer Birmingham Partnership, Sobar, Top Service, Viceroy, Virgin, Vodka Revolution Bars
2015 - date
First Personnel Limited
Non Executive Director
- Conducted business review and competitor analysis, recommendations to main board regarding business structure, leadership, management and service lines.
- Reviewed brand and marketing position and routes to market – recommendations fully endorsed.
- Reviewing service lines for future upstream, high value revenue streams – conducting feasibility study’s to determine ROI.
- Identification of customer journey, brand experience and engagement for enhancing conversion and long term profitability
- Provided clear benchmarking, planning and execution capability alongside full P&L of marketing activity.
2009 - 2015
Residual Barrier Technology Limited (RBT24/7)
Non Executive Director
- Design and developed brand and marketing strategy for this innovative chemical PE backed company.
- Created a corporate identity and digital presence that developed market engagement and understanding of the unique properties of this residual chemical barrier that provided sanitisation for up to 30 days after treatment.
- Helped build awareness, identify markets and sign distributors in several country’s (South Africa, Europe, USA and Canada)
1995 - 2002
Head of Brand & Marketing Services
- Developed and implemented strategic marketing plan for new division growing turnover to £12m with 17% growth p.a.
- Recruited and structured department of 75 employees providing creative marketing solutions including digital marketing and web based communications
- Launched new KPMG brand image across 32 offices within agreed 24 hour transition period and within budget
- Introduced systems and procedures to capture and protect intellectual capital adding significant value to the organisation
- Managed effective risk management programme against legal infringement
- Introduced CRM and shared service systems increasing operational efficiency and business opportunities
- Restructured marketing operations within KPMG prior to devolution into accounting and consulting arms
- Project managed major change management programme involving both employees and 350 suppliers, rationalising supply base and reducing costs
1990 - 1995
PBD - Managing Director / Freelance Consultant
1989 - 1990
1988 - 1989
Lieutenant Colonel in Territorial Army (The Reserves)
2005 - 2008
Commanding Officer of the West Midlands Regiment (later to become The 4th Battalion the Mercian Regiment)
2008 - 2011
The Defence Academy Directing Staff (TACSC and ACSC)
2008 - present
Army Officers Selection Board (Deputy President)
- Visiting Fellow Crafield University
- Visiting lecturer at Wolverhampton University
- PhD Cranfield University
- MBA Masters in Business Administration
- MA Masters in Strategic Marketing
- MCGI Leadership
- DMS Diploma in Management Studies
- HND Higher National Diploma
From Battlefield to Boardroom: Making the difference through values based leadership, 2012, Palgrave Macmillan, ISBN-13: 978-0230298453
Crossing the Void, War and Business: Utility of British Military Management Methods Beyond the Military. Defence Studies (2009), Volume: 9, Issue: 1, Pages: 5-21, ISSN: 14702436
Understanding the Leadership and Culture Dynamic within a Military Context: Applying Theory to an Operational and Business Context, Defence Studies Volume 7, Issue 1, 2007, DOI:10.1080/1470243060113556
- Advanced Marketing (Cranfield)
- Cost Centre Finance Management
- Advanced Negotiations
- Advanced Team Management – Coaching and Mentoring
- Senior Management Development
- Advanced Presentations Skills
- Turning Data into Profit (IDM)
Dr. Ivan Yardley TD, DMS, MCGI, MBA, MA, PhD
Tel: 0121 308 4280 | Email: email@example.com